APPLE CIDER MARGARITA
Celebracione! Let’s do it up this Thanksgiving with some hardcore Mexican action! This is sure to make you run through the memories of spring break ’09 and start working on the next batch (hint- STRENGTH in numbers)
Heres the recipe:
Ok, so this is a French edition of spiced coffee (warning: for adults). The recipe has a warm and soothing ingredient list…amazing as a pick me up. Give it a try this season, who knows you might keep it in the family recipe bin for years to come.
This is a simple recipe and has just the right amount of spice to kick start your night or uplift your moral after you’ve stuffed the last piece of pie in your face.
- 4 Tea bags – we recommend a strong blend (red label or Tetley works just fine)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener of choice.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 whole cardamom pods, opened and de-pitted.
- a small thumb of ginger (literally the size of your thumb – unless youre andre the giant then a half a thumb works)
- ½ cup of milk – if you want it creamier than use more milk
- Get the water to a boil and seep the tea bags in the water according to your preference of strength.
- Add cardamom and let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes. Then add the ginger.
- Add milk and bring to a boil. Just be careful to not have the tea spill over the edge of the pot onto the stove – it will happen quick after you get it to a rolling boil – to avoid a huge mess.
- Serves around four people.
If you like your tea a little spicier go ahead and add a few cloves or a stick of cinnamon after you seep your tea bags.
DELUXE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE EXTRAVAGANZA MILK SHAKE
- 1 pint of vanilla bean ice cream
- 2/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbls honey/agave
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 large chocolate chip cookies. keep some crumbled chocolate chips on the side.
- 4 tbsp of marshmallow fluff
- 2 toasted marshmallows (to top off the milkshakes)
Put it in a blender and press on. When finished, set a toasted marshmallow right on top and the crumbled cookies. Serve immediately.
For those that prefer alcohol in their drinks, just remember the golden rule: Kahlua.
DailyFoodtoEat is the official blog of FoodtoEat, a sustainable online food ordering and concierge catering service featuring your favorite restaurants, food trucks and caterers. Check out the deliciousness here: www.foodtoeat.com