A perfect recipe for the health conscious on Superbowl Sunday. Okay, that might be an oxymoron. BUT why not save calories where you can, right? These spicy little bites have all the kick of chicken wings but without the fat. I agree with “Buns in My Oven” recipe author Karly however, that the cauliflower would likely taste best lightly fried, instead of baked, for a more satisfying crunch.
-1 head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces
-1 cup flour
-1 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk for a vegan-friendly version)
-2 teaspoons garlic powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (I used their Buffalo sauce)
-2 tablespoons butter (I used margarine for a vegan-friendly version)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Mix together the flower, milk, garlic powder and salt to form a thin batter
3. Coat the cauliflower pieces in the batter and place on a baking sheet
4. Bake for 18 minutes
5. While the cauliflower is baking, heat the hot sauce and butter together over low heat until the butter has melted.
6. Toss the baked cauliflower in the hot sauce OR to save burning yourself, pour the hot sauce over the baked cauliflower.
7. Bake for another 5 minutes
8. Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese for dipping (sorry vegans!)
DailyFoodtoEat is the official blog of FoodtoEat, a sustainable online food ordering and concierge catering service featuring your favorite restaurants, food trucks and caterers. Check out the deliciousness here: www.foodtoeat.com